Sunday, September 15, 2013

A Fresh Mess


On Friday I revisited Linda Neuenschwander's watercolor class that I used to paint with every week.  Everyone selected a photo from one of 3 envelopes, marked "Landscapes," "Still Life," or "Flowers."  I drew blindly from the flower envelope.  After a brief demonstration, we all began to paint.  We were instructed to draw inspiration from the photo, and not to try to replicate it.  It was interesting to see the many different styles and interpretations produced by this exercise.  I am posting my attempts at capturing the freshness of a large single peony.  I was not satisfied with my painting and after I got home I lifted some of the purple in the background and painted over it with yellow and blue, which I think created a bit of a muddy mess. Every painting is a learning experience, and this one was for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment