Sunday, April 27, 2014

Painting from Class

After demonstration by Linda Neuenschwander in art class on Friday, I let loose with a wet-on-wet painting of flowers in a vase.  I wet the entire paper before beginning, but since the paper was drying unevenly, it left me with a variety of hard vs soft edges.  And of course I love that!  After it dried, I added touches of blue, some definition to the petals and a few more leaves.  Though one does have to work quickly in the initial stages while the paper is wet, this process of finishing a painting actually takes quite a bit of time and patience to discern what is needed, and most importantly what is not needed.  This was a fun painting to create as I always get inspiration from being around other painters.  Happy painting to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment