Monday, April 4, 2011

Purple Mist


I have been having a fun time experimenting with wet-on-wet painting. It is exciting because you never know quite what you will get. This one, "Purple Mist, " was inspired by some flowers and surrounding color and light I photographed at the Dallas Arboretum a couple of years ago. I love to try to capture feeling and atmosphere in a loose painting style.


Just this morning I received notification that this painting has been selected to be in the 2011 Waterloo Watercolor Group Spring Show, which starts May 1 in Austin. More info about the show will be forthcoming!

2 comments:

  1. Email from Carol Cody on April 4, 2011
    Congratulations! Love the title, Purple Mist...

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Email from Cory Schneider April 4, 2011
    So beautiful! I may have to
    commission a larger painting at some point. Maybe a canvass even larger than the
    one of Ellie. I think Randy and I need more wall space first though.
    XOXO,
    Cory

    ReplyDelete