Saturday, November 23, 2013

Enjoyed painting with a group of  painters yesterday, many of whom I have known since my early days in watercolor.  It was an inspiring show and tell, with everyone sharing their recent art projects and activities. This was from a photo of a peach blossom, which I enjoyed painting from a starting point and using clean water to pull paint into other areas. I then created stems by negatively painting around them with turquoise blue. I added the touch of yellow at the end, which I am satisfied with, as it is not as strong in the actual painting as it is in this photo.  

2 comments:

  1. I am in awe of your art. I was getting ready to send out a reminder for the Palette Club Demo on Tuesday and looked up information to add that would entice our members to be sure to attend. Just posting your information and one of your pieces should do the trick. I can't wait to meet you. I too am in WWG. However, I am a novice. But, I do enjoy seeing great work and learning something new. D Annacone

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank your for your comments! I am looking forward to meeting you tomorrow!

      Delete