Sunday, November 3, 2013

The Pearls Before Swine Art Show last weekend in Elgin, Texas featured both 2-D and 3-D art from local and regional artists, with lots of lighthearted humor as well as incredible art work.  You can see the photo gallery from the event at www.elginartsassociation.com

I picked some little white flowers from my garden and put them in a blue vase, with the intention of playing with paint and keeping the juices flowing while helping to host the art show last weekend.  I'm glad I started it at home, because at the show there were so many people asking questions, buying art and having a good time, I had time to add only a few brushstrokes!

This little painting is a combination of direct painting to begin the centers of the flowers and negative painting around the white to carve out petals, with no pre-drawing. 

Next Sunday is the opening reception for NEW BEGINNINGS: Waterloo Watercolor Group’s 35th Annual Juried Fall Show in Austin, Texas.  See the sidebar for details.  I would love to see you there!  



 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment