Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Waterloo Watercolor Group exhibit


On a springtime walk in the country near my home, I delighted in the discovery of these emerging white blossoms, enjoying the anticipation of dewberries to come and immersing myself in capturing their freshness in my painting.  I enjoyed creating a balance of light and dark as well as a combination of lost and found edges.  

This painting is one of 3 juried into the Waterloo Watercolor Group Fall show, currently on exhibit at the North Hills Gallery.



 
Here I am receiving a Merit Award for Rose Joy at the opening reception for the show. The exhibit is especially interesting this year as the artists wrote a brief statement for each painting, explaining their inspiration for the piece.  I am honored to be a part of such a beautiful watercolor exhibit and such an interesting and diverse group of painters!

The Waterloo Watercolor Group Fall Show continues through December 1 at the North Hills Gallery, 7050 Village Center Drive in Austin, Texas.

No comments:

Post a Comment