Wednesday, September 2, 2009

A group that loves to paint

I had a visit from the friend who first introduced me to watercolor. She got up early and drove 4 hours just to join our watercolor group at 10:00am.

This group of watercolorists met taking a class and have continued to meet after the class ended just to paint. It's a group of about 4-6 people who meet together for about 2-2 1/2 hours once a week to paint, and to share stories, comments, and suggestions about our art. Going to watercolor group always leaves me encouraged and inspired to paint and try some new things.

This day was typical; we each brought a painting (or paintings) we had been working on. I asked for feedback from the group on mine and got some fresh perspectives on how to progress. Some just got straight to work on their painting. Another asked for input on the mats she had chosen for her artwork. It is always interesting and refreshing to see the styles and work that emerge from the hands and eyes of others.

My friend has not had a group at home to paint with. She says she left inspired to paint. I am reminded of how much an accepting group who all love to paint serves to keep me painting and learning.

2 comments:

  1. I painted today, in my dad's art studio he built. I'll have to take a picture of it for you tomorrow. :) I only painted for a little while, but I was happy with what I got done, AND I got my dad to paint for a little while, too, which he hadn't done in a long time, and then when his friend came in from Houston, I got him going, too! So thanks for inspiring me to get going, so I could paint, and so I could inspire my dad and his friend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Darcy! Now I'm painting with my brother, at my sister's house in Hondo. I'm painting a girl reading a book under a tree, and he's painting a photo of lily pads and koi that I took at my dad's house (he has a very small but beautiful backyard, with two waterfalls and the koi pond and his little art studio).

    ReplyDelete